A Booster Organization to Support Chapters
Membership in Alpha Sigma Phi is for life. Lifetime involvement in the Fraternity means a life enhanced by the spirit, fellowship, ideals, and principles of Alpha Sigma Phi. The Alumni Association exists as an extension of each Chapter or Provisional Chapter. Consistent with our fraternal values and ethics, the Fraternity recognizes the Alumni Association as a strategic partner and booster of the Provisional Chapter or Chapter and Chapter Council.
Alumni Associations are stand-alone organizations that have their own constitution and by-laws. Like a Chapter Council, an Alumni Association has as its official name the Greek name of its respective Chapter or Provisional Chapter (e.g., Alpha Alumni Association). An Alumni Association typically has a stake in the success of their undergraduate chapter, thus alumni from its respective undergraduate chapter typically comprise Alumni Association membership.
The purpose of the Alumni Association is two-fold in nature: To provide support for the benefit of its respective Provisional Chapter/Chapter and Chapter Council through coordination of regular (annual/semi-annual/quarterly) events and/or fundraisers. To provide activities and events (Homecoming, golf outings, ball games, etc.) to support interaction among the alumni members of the Chapter.
The Alumni Association includes, at minimum, the following members:
- Vice President
RECOGNIZED ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
At the 51st Grand Chapter, the Delegates voted overwhelmingly to change the National Constitution and By-laws to place a greater emphasis on chapter based Alumni Associations and less emphasis on regionally based Alumni Associations. Accordingly, all recognized chapter-based Alumni Associations in good standing with Alpha Sigma Phi Headquarters are entitled to one vote at Grand Chapter. If your alumni group is interested in becoming a recognized Alumni Association, look through our Alumni Association Resources.
Chapter-based Alumni Associations currently recognized (July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015) by the Fraternity are:
- Gamma Alumni Association (University of Massachusetts)
- Delta Alumni Association (Marietta College)
- Epsilon Alumni Association (Ohio Wesleyan University)
- Zeta Alumni Association (Ohio State University)
- Eta Alumni Association (University of Illinois)
- Theta Alumni Association (University of Michigan)
- Pi Alumni Association (University of Colorado)
- Phi Alumni Association (Iowa State University)
- Upsilon Alumni Association (Pennsylvania State University)
- Alpha Alpha Alumni Association (University of Oklahoma)
- Alpha Iota Alumni Association (University of Alabama)
- Alpha Kappa Alumni Association (West Virginia University)
- Alpha Mu Alumni Association (Baldwin Wallace University)
- Alpha Nu Alumni Association (Westminster College)
- Alpha Xi Alumni Association (Illinois Institute of Technology)
- Alpha Omicron Alumni Association (Missouri Valley College)
- Alpha Psi Alumni Association (Presbyterian College)
- Alpha Rho Alumni Association (New Jersey Institute of Technology)
- Alpha Tau Alumni Association (Stevens Institute of Technology)
- Beta Gamma Alumni Association (Bethany College)
- Beta Delta Alumni Association (Marshall University)
- Beta Theta Alumni Association (Rutgers University)
- Beta Mu Alumni Association (Wake Forest University)
- Beta Xi Alumni Association (Hartwick College)
- Beta Omicron Alumni Association (Trine University)
- Beta Rho Alumni Association (University of Toledo)
- Beta Tau Alumni Association (Wayne State University)
- Beta Chi Alumni Association (American University)
- Gamma Alpha Alumni Association (Ohio Northern University)
- Gamma Zeta Alumni Association (Bowling Green State University)
- Gamma Kappa Alumni Association (Michigan State University)
- Gamma Lambda Alumni Association (Barton College)
- Gamma Pi Alumni Association (University of Findlay)
- Gamma Chi Alumni Association (Indiana University)
- Gamma Psi Alumni Association (Lawrence Technological University)
- Delta Beta Alumni Association (Northern Michigan University)
- Delta Delta Alumni Association (Slippery Rock University)
- Delta Epsilon Alumni Association (University of Rio Grande)
- Delta Zeta Alumni Association (UNC - Charlotte)
- Delta Eta Alumni Association (East Carolina University)
- Delta Theta Alumni Association (Radford University)
- Delta Nu Alumni Association (Lock Haven University)
- Delta Xi Alumni Association (Plattsburgh, SUNY)
- Delta Rho Alumni Association (Central Michigan University)
- Delta Tau Alumni Association (Murray State University)
- Delta Phi Alumni Association (Grand Valley State University)
- Delta Chi Alumni Association (Elmhurst College)
- Epsilon Nu Alumni Association (Binghamton University, SUNY)
- Epsilon Xi Alumni Association (McDaniel College)
- Epsilon Pi Alumni Association (Miami University)
- Epsilon Sigma Alumni Association (University of Akron)
- Epsilon Upsilon Alumni Association (Clemson University)
- Epsilon Chi Alumni Association (Capital University)
- Epsilon Psi Alumni Association (California State University, Chico)
- Zeta Alpha Alumni Association (Seton Hall University)
- Zeta Delta Alumni Association (Georgia Regents University)
- Zeta Epsilon Alumni Association (Colorado State University)
- Zeta Zeta Alumni Association (Northwood University)
- Zeta Eta Alumni Association (Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Zeta Theta Alumni Association (UNC-Asheville)
- Zeta Kappa Alumni Association (University of Wisconsin - Whitewater)
- Zeta Lambda Alumni Association (San Francisco State University)
- Zeta Mu Alumni Association (California State University - Fresno)
- Zeta Xi Alumni Association (Keene State College)
- Zeta Pi Alumni Association (Salem State University)
- Zeta Chi Alumni Association (SUNY Oneonta)
- Eta Beta Alumni Association (San Jose State University)
- Eta Kappa Alumni Association (UNC - Chapel Hill)
- Eta Psi Alumni Association (Wright State University)
- Theta Gamma Alumni Association (University of Mary Washington)
REQUIREMENTS TO BE IN GOOD STANDING
- Submit and maintain an updated and current copy of the Alumni Association's constitution and by-laws to Alpha Sigma Phi Headquarters.
- Update the Alumni Association officers in portal. The officers that need to be updated are the President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Sponsor at least one alumni event annually (January through December) and send pictures with a brief description to Alpha Sigma Phi Headquarters for inclusion in future fraternity publications, such as The Tomahawk Monthly Newsletter or The Tomahawk Magazine.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY FRATERNITY HEADQUARTERS
- Updated Alumni Directory: We will add updates to the list as you receive them, and we will also provide you with a list with contact information for your alumni.
- Liability Insurance will be provided by Fraternity Headquarters to recognized Alumni Associations at no cost to the organization.
- A vote at Grand Chapters, Annual Meetings, or mail votes.
- Two electronic newsletters (up to six pages) sent to all chapter alumni with good email addresses. You supply the content and proof the final version. We'll design the newsletter and make sure it is sent out. All content and photos should be sent at least one month prior to when the Alumni Association wants the newsletter to be distributed.
- Fraternity Headquarters will assist in one Alumni Association mailing. Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity Headquarters will provide labor, envelopes, and printing of a mailing. All the Alumni Association needs to provide is the content and cost of postage.
- Fundraising assistance is also available for Chapters/Associations that are in need of a financial campaign.