Delta Pi Chapter
University of Delaware
Founded: December 14, 1991
Ideal Chapter Size: 75
President - Chris Vitali
Recruitment Director - Matt Martin
Alumni Director - Peyton Klockner
Grand Chapter Advisor - Bob Moore
Alumni Association President - Michael Stack
Alpha Kappa Pi Gold Cup - 
Phi Pi Phi Silver Cup - [2015, 2014]
Alpha Gamma Upsilon Bronze Cup - 
Undergraduate Hall of Fame
Weiner, Corey M. '14 
Naft, Jordan S. '14 
Newark College, founded in 1833, was renamed Delaware College in 1843. It became the land grant college for the state under the Morrill Act of 1868, and became the University of Delaware in 1921.
An interest group at the University of Delaware was formed in the Fall of 1988, led by Ralph Spagnolo, Stockton '85, who was attending graduate school at the University. The group grew to 15 members by the end of the academic year. In 1990 the interest group reached 28 members, but colonization was delayed by the lack of University recognition. The interest group continued to make progress under the leadership of its president, John Bear, Delaware '91, and reached 60 members in March 1991.
Presentations were made to the InterFraternity Council, seeking recognition on several occasions, by Jeff Schwind, Toledo '78, in April 1991, and by Steve Zizzo, Illinois '84, in the Fall. Initiation of several members of the interest group took place on April 26, 1991.
A Petition for Chartering was submitted August 25, 1991. In December 1991, the interest group of 50 members had sought and obtained IFC recognition. The Chapter was chartered in ceremonies on December 14, 1991, in which Christopher Sharkey was Master of Ceremonies, Executive Vice President John Chaney, Indiana '67, John Luckenbill, Stockton '84, and Grand Senior President Charles Vohs, Penn State '75, were principal speakers. The chapter initiated 84 members through April 1995.
An expansion effort led by Fraternity staff member, Seth Melchor, Bowling Green '10 yielded the largest expansion effort to date with 77 men going through a Pledge Ceremony. Cory Ryan, Wake Forest '10 initiated the re-founding fathers in January of 2014.
The Delta Pi Chapter was re-chartered on September 14, 2014 at the Sheraton Wilmington South Hotel. Matt Maurer, Bowling Green '03 served as the Keynote Speaker. Staff member, Danny Miller, Alpha Epsilon Pi, assisted with the Ceremony. The Chapter President during the time of chartering was Jordan Naft, Delaware '14. Bob Moore, Delaware '92 was the oldest living alumni present and served as the Grand Chapter Advisor to the re-chartered Delta Pi Chapter.
Submitting Changes to the Chapter's History: Any member of the fraternity and/or chapter is welcome to submit a request to update/change/correct information listed within the chapter history portion of this page. Submissions will be accepted in two ways: Should a correction need to be made, please submit the entire sentence/paragraph that needs to be updated with the correction highlighted in yellow or in a different color. If something new or updated needs to be added, please submit the entire sentence/paragraph that needs to be added and/or revised with the new or added information highlighted in yellow or in a different color.
This information should be submitted to email@example.com where it will be reviewed by Fraternity Staff and/or the Grand Historian. Your submission will not be acknowledged unless it has been added to the website. It is very important that the chapter's history accurately and objectively reflect the chapter, so all corrections, additions, revisions should be reviewed by other members of your chapter/colony before they are submitted for consideration.